Friday, April 16, 2010
Spring Break, Day 2
The next day found us out at the Jacob Hamblin home in Santa Clara, UT. Hamblin was the ultimate frontiers man. He did a lot of negotiation and missionary work among the Native Americans in Utah and elsewhere. Touring all these historic houses made me feel spoiled with everything that my family and I have. It makes me really appreciate all the hard work and sacrifice the pioneers went through. Amazing!


I was trying to explain to Kaitlyn that wagons for the pioneers were like cars for us. I lifted her up so she could inside it. Then she asked where the car seats for the little kids were. The kids' favorite part of the house was playing outside among the trees in the orchard. Kids sure do love the simple things in life. Maybe Jacob Hamblin kids played in the trees just as our kids did.


After the Jacob Hamblin house we headed north to see the Mountain Meadow Massacre site and memorial. It was a very somber place of course.

As promised, we then returned to the water park in down St. George for the kids to play in and get wet. This time we were better prepared. They had a blast!

I'd like to title this picture, 'Monkey See, Monkey Do". Jason tries so hard to keep up with Kaitlyn. He follows her around all the time. Everywhere except the fountain that is.

There was nothing we could do to convince him that playing in the fountain was fun. He was content with the little stream. Kaitlyn loved it though. We ended the day like we did before. We went swimming back at the hotel. Jason sure went to sleep fast that night. He was tuckered out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am loving your spring break pictures. Looks like it was so much fun. And Jacob Hamblin is one of my ancestors. I guess I need to go visit that site. And the water park--that looks like such a blast!
Okay. Looks like Gary and I need to take the kids to St. George! This looks like so much fun! It's beautiful there!
Looks like you had a lot of fun and were able to enjoy some sunshine. Did you stop to see aunt Bonnie? I heard that Eric and Erika are there this weekend.
Looks like you have the best family ever!
Post a Comment