
We decided to dye eggs the day before Easter. My theory was that while we were coloring eggs we could listen to General Conference and enjoy. The coloring eggs part was fun, but I didn't get much out of Conference. Not such a great plan, but we had fun anyway.

Jason thought coloring eggs was fun for about a little over 5 minutes. I would show him how to put the eggs in the cup. He did that part fine, but when I showed him the egg in the dye, he wanted to drink from the cup. Yuck! After he discovered I wouldn't let him drink the colored vinegar water he wanted down to play.


Kaitlyn could have dyed eggs all day. After all the eggs were done, she wanted to do more. So she began coloring her already dyed eggs again. (Can you see the t.v. in the background? It's proof that we indeed had Conference on)


The next morning the kids discovered what the Easter Bunny brought them and found more hidden eggs around the house. Jason liked the candy the best. It didn't take him long to figure out how to open the plastic eggs.

We had a really relaxed Easter Sunday. We listened to Conference and just enjoyed being together. Later that evening we went to my parents house to have a traditional Easter dinner with family. It was a great weekend to remember the real reason we celebrate Easter and to enjoy spending time with friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment