So those are just a few of things that my kids have been doing lately. They're not perfect, of course, but I sure do love them.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
My, How They Grow
Lately I've been noticing how fast the kids are growing up. I recently registered Kaitlyn for Kindergarten, which was kind of an eye opener. It seems like Jason has all of the sudden grown much taller, but I'm probably imagining things. Here's some other things that I've noticed that are indicators that my children are getting older.
Just the other day Kaitlyn drew this picture by herself. When she first started preschool I could barely recognize her little stick figure drawings. Now her people have eyelashes, glasses, hair, elbows and knees (that's what the little circles are on the legs and arms). Plus, she wrote all of our names without asking me how to spell each name. She's also beginning to read little words. She's sounding out each letter and trying to put them together. The first word she read was 'start'. What a little smartie!
Jason is doing a lot better with talking. We were a little worried that he was really behind with talking, but I think he's catching up. His latest word that he's saying is 'backpack'. Before that it's been 'Dora' (see the pattern), 'bubbles', 'down', 'three', and 'cracker'. He's really good about bed time. After the routine of bath, pj's, brushing teeth, and kisses, I can tell him to grab his blanket and go to bed, and he walks to his room and crawls in bed. I'm really grateful that he's so good about going to sleep.
So those are just a few of things that my kids have been doing lately. They're not perfect, of course, but I sure do love them.
So those are just a few of things that my kids have been doing lately. They're not perfect, of course, but I sure do love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love the kids, too.
um, Kaitlyn is awesome!!!! I love those drawings and I especially love that she's writing!!! And how in the world did you get Jason to go to bed simply by saying go to bed?? Jack's still in his crib but I cringe to think of what life will be like when we switch him to his own bed. Some day, you'll have to share your secret!
Wow! You're kids are getting big. Sounds like you had fun with spring break. I can't believe Kaitlyn is is old enough for kindergarten. Crazy!
Wow! I'm super impressed with Kate's drawing and spelling. She is seriously SO SMART! And Jason is a little cutie that goes to bed when asked? That is just AWESOME!
Post a Comment