Friday, July 30, 2010

Lehi Suds Fest

Kaitlyn's friend Kya celebrated her birthday on July 24th. Luckily they invited us to come to the activities the Tippets had planned for Kya. One of the activities was going to Lehi to the Suds Fest. That's not the official name, but it's what Jen called it, so I'm going with that. The Lehi firefighters go to a huge sports complex and wet down the fields with the foam they use to put out fires. I can't believe how many people were there, it was just packed. But it was so much fun.
Kaitlyn dove right in and loved playing in all the foam. Jason, not so much ...
For most of the time he was content to just sit on the grass with Doug and Gary. That was fine with me because it was one less kid to keep track of and clean up later.
Here's Kaitlyn with her friend Kya, up to their necks in sudsy goodness.
At one point Kaitlyn went over to the firefighter and was able to help shoot the foam out of the hose. She really liked that part. I was finally able to convince Jason to at least come and stick his feet in the foam.
I guess he liked it because only a few minutes later ...
He really got into it. I didn't think he'd get all the way into the foam so I didn't change him into his swimsuit. A huge mistake on my part. I way underestimated his bravery! Here's a final picture of the kids in the foam.

3 comments:

Doug said...

Great Post!

Mindy said...

What a fun idea! I have never heard of something like that. How funny that Jason went from total skeptic to totally submerged! Cute, cute

Jen said...

That was SO MUCH FUN!!! I love it! You got some really cute pictures!