Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kaitlyn's Swimming Lessons

We decided that this year would be a good time to have Kaitlyn take swimming lessons. My hope was that if something happened and she fell in water, that she would be able to keep herself afloat until someone could reach her. I seriously have nightmares about that type of thing happening all the time. Yikes! I was very impressed with how well she did and how great her teacher was.
This was the 1st day of her lessons. At first she didn't want to put her face in the water at all. At the end of two weeks she had no problem with it. And she would do some swimming strokes too. The final pictures are from her last lesson. It was a fun day where they could go off the diving board and go down the water slide.
Kaitlyn took lessons at the same time as her friend Kya. Unfortunately they didn't have the same teacher, but still enjoyed going together.
At the beginning of each lesson the kids lined up by a circle with a number on it until the teacher called them into the water.
She was excited about going on the diving board until she actually got up there. Her teacher (right underneath the board) tried to coax her to jump, but in the end she needed some help.
After the diving board they headed over to the water slide. Kaitlyn's teacher helped her out with the slide too.
Here's the certificate she received for completing her swimming lessons. I'm so proud of how much progress she made. Good job Kaitlyn!!

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Reminds me of the old days...when a certain mommy took lessons.. :)
Love you

Jessica said...

COOL!!! I need swimming lessons too. I can't even dog paddle that well. I'm just this giant of a whale struggling to stay above 2 feet of water. She's SO cute in her pink swimming suit!!! She looks so grown up there too.

Jen said...

It was SO much fun taking lessons with you guys! You got some really cute pictures! Maybe by November, I'll get my post up about it :D