
Our Christmas Eve activities started out with a little geocaching. Doug and Kaitlyn got their boots on to go searching through the snow. I helped out on some of them, but mostly I was content to stay with Jason in the car. We stayed nice and toasty warm, and listened to great Christmas music. It was very relaxing.


We finally made it up to my parents house for dinner with them and my brother Aaron and family. After dinner we played some games while the kids played together. Then it was finally time for PJs and a really small Christmas program.

Kaitlyn opened the present that had all of our new PJs in it. I wasn't sure if Jason would be interested in unwrapping the present. He wasn't very interested in the beginning, but soon loved to rip the wrapping paper. Plus, he didn't eat the paper like he did for his birthday. Guess Christmas wrapping paper doesn't taste as good as birthday wrapping paper.



Everyone loved their new pajamas. So then we were all cozy and ready for FHE. Kaitlyn and I played a duet of 'Santa Claus is coming to town' on the piano. Then my Dad read the Christmas story. Kaitlyn listened really well this year. I'm glad my Dad geared the story so that Kaitlyn was able to understand a little better. After family prayer, we packed up to come back to our house.

Doug read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' then we got everything ready for Santa to come. We put out some milk and cookies for Santa, and a carrot for Rudolph. Then we set out our stockings. Kaitlyn then went off to bed so that she could be asleep when Santa came. She tried to sneak out of bed a couple of times, but finally went to sleep.
4 comments:
I really loved this last post. I enjoyed the family picture in our PJ's the best!
Sounds like a perfect Christmas Eve! Hope you are enjoying the holiday break! miss you & love you : )
That is so awesome you spent Christmas Eve with your family. FUN!! Isn't it so incredible the kids are starting to understand things a bit more? Makes more magical for me. Hope Santa brought you some good stuff for Christmas!
How magical!! This is such a sweet post! Another reason I love blogging and need to catch up on mine (as well as reading others!) It's just awesome to capture all these memories!
Post a Comment