Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kaitlyn's 1st Day of Preschool

Kaitlyn has been excited for school for a long time. This morning was no exception. She was up before I was and came in and said it was time to get up. After breakfast she got dressed and brushed her teeth without me even asking her. Crazy!!
She wasn't very excited for me to take pictures though. She kept saying that we needed to get in the car. I finally said ok, and drove to school.
While in the car Doug called to talk to her before class and to wish her good luck.
We were 15 minutes early so that gave me some more picture time. She still wasn't thrilled about that part. She just wanted to go to class.
She didn't want to say 'cheese', so I had her say 'school'. That's why it looks like she's trying to blow bubbles or something. Silly Kaitlyn!
The teachers met her at the door and helped her get settled a little bit. For a second it looked like she was going to head out the door towards me, but one of the teacher aides (Mrs. H.), got her busy with something else. Her teacher is Ms. Leber (in the green high heels, very brave), and the aides are Mrs. Kramer, Mrs. Daybell, and Mrs. H. (Hoseinyzad is her last name, no wonder she goes by Mrs. H.; she's the one if the colorful apron). I can't wait to see how Kaitlyn's first day went.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! I hope it goes well for her. Isn't it funny how excited they get to go but then freak when they get in the classroom? Well, Kaitlyn didn't freak but Charlotte did last year. Kind of funny, really. ha ha. But I hope she's had a great time. Did you do okay? You're probably like, what am I going to do now? ha ha. I found that I can clean without Charlotte. Weird, huh?!

Chasey Family said...

Ava started preschool today, too! Crazy how time flies, huh!

Jen said...

How fun! She looks so grown up and cute!!