Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Fall Break
For Fall Break this year we decided to go up to Victor, ID again to camp out at my sister's house. They have a huge backyard and we figured that it would be our last opportunity to get the trailer out for the season.
Plus we needed to see how well the heater in the camper worked. So off to Idaho we went. In past visits to my sister's I always seem to forget my camera in whatever adventure we were attempting. This time I always had my camera on me and at the ready so that I could take more pictures of our trip. The kids loved to play with their cousins in the backyard. Luckily it was really nice weather during the day.
Jason would get in this little wagon and Kaitlyn tied a rope from the wagon to her bike. I'm surprised that they didn't get hurt doing it, but instead had a great time. Eventually Kaitlyn got off her bike so Jason tried to push around the wagon himself using a broom handle. It didn't work very well, but it was fun to see him try. And here's Dylan enjoying Jason's bike.
Kaitlyn loved to sit on Dylan's skateboard and push herself around using her hands. She thinks she's big enough to try standing on it.
One time I noticed that Jason was being rather quiet and I went to find him. All the kids were somewhere in the house, but I couldn't find Jason with them. I ventured outside and there he was.
He found the neighbor's dog and was trying to feed him grass through the fence. The dog was smart enough not to eat any, but that didn't keep Jason from trying.
I'm glad that the little dog was so nice and patient. They checked each other out through the fence for a little while longer, then went their separate ways. So cute! One of the things Kaitlyn likes the best about being at her cousins house is getting to sleepover. I found Kaitlyn and Paige like this one night and couldn't resist taking their picture.
On the Saturday of our visit, both families spent a marathon day geocaching. They live in such a beautiful area and was lucky enough to see some beautiful scenery and find quite a few caches as well. Here's some of the kids standing on a rock where the cache was hidden. I love Dylan's face in this picture. It cracks me up!!
We packed a picnic lunch for our caching spree and had a great lunch in the great outdoors. This picture is a little blurry but I wanted to add it to get a feel of our wonderful picnic area.
Here's the girls, Paige and Kaitlyn enjoying another of our caching sites. These two were sitting above the stream while Adam, Meagan, and Dylan were trying to catch a snake. I think they were the wiser of the kids.
We even went to the damn, er, I mean, Dam Store to find a cache. This little store is located really close to Palisade Dam, and they really took advantage of the name. Hilarious!!
Here's some more pictures of some of the other locations we visited while geocaching. We had such a good time.





Jason loved this area because he could climb up the fence all the way to the top. He's such a monkey.

One of our final stops was close to the Snake River. The kids loved throwing rocks into the river, of course.
This waterfall is located where a stream feeds into the Snake River. Gorgeous! There's a little area just at the bottom of the waterfall where you can swim and also a cave. Maybe one year when the kids are bigger we'll have to venture down there.
It was a wonderful time to spend with family and enjoy some of the last great weather of the year. We also discovered that our camper heater works extremely well. We all stayed nice and toasty warm the whole time. I guess you could say our Fall Break was very successful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That looks like so much fun! You got some really good pictures Mel!
Post a Comment