Monday, October 18, 2010

Kaitlyn's Field Trip to Hee Haws

I was able to help Kaitlyn's class on their field trip to HeeHaw Farm. HeeHaws is a corn maze, pumpkin patch, petting zoo, etc. Kaitlyn had been looking forward to the field trip for weeks, so I was glad that my friend Jen was able to watch Jason while I tagged along.
Kaitlyn's extra bonus was that she found some Yogos in her pocket from the last time she wore her jacket. What a perfect day for her!
I was in charge of keeping track of Kaitlyn and 3 of her classmates. They loved poking their heads in the cutouts so I could take pictures. Very cute!!!
The cutest head-light I've ever seen. Haha!
So the kids wanted to go through the entire corn maze, but I doubted my abilities to safely navigate 4 kindergarteners through the maze by myself. I did let them walk through it a little so they could get a little taste of being lost.
At the end of the trip the kids were able to pick our their very own pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. There were so many pumpkins that the kids had a hard time making a decision, but they finally found ones that they liked.
Here's our little group, minus Kaitlyn's 'boyfriend' Tayven. Don't worry, I didn't lose him, his parents came later and was helping him pick out his pumpkin. It was fun hanging out with the kids and enjoying the farm. I'll have to sign up for the next field trip too.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You got some really cute pictures! Maybe by the year 2015, I'll have my post up about this day! Thanks again for watching Brennon so I could go with Kya! :D

Jon and Kim said...

Love the pictures. And I love that Kaitlyn has a boyfriend. Doug tells me that he already did the background check on the kid and he checks out! :D So fun that you get to go on the fieldtrips.