Wednesday, October 6, 2010

At Grandma and Grandpa's House

For most of Saturday and Sunday we were at my parents' house for General Conference. We spent time with my parents (of course), my brother Aaron's family, and some time with Eric and Erica. We had some good times just talking, watching conference and watching the kids play together. Kaitlyn, Jason and Christian love to play together and especially liked to be out on the back deck.
My parents put a locked gate on the deck so the grandkids can't escape down to the park without us knowing.
It looks like Christian and Jason are trying to figure out a way to get over the gate. I think one day they'll get it all worked out. This is as far as Jason got.
The gate also keeps them out of the newly installed water fountain that my dad spent many hours working on. He's tried to train the kids to stay out of the water, and most of the time they do a good job. However, the gate didn't stop the kids from trying to get their feet in the top of the fountain. I'm pretty sure Kaitlyn was the ring leader of this little gang of trouble-makers.
They would stick their feet through the slats of the deck and try and stretch to get their feet in the water. Kaitlyn had the advantage of having the longest legs. The other two were doomed to failure, or so I thought.
Christian was able to reach his feet down into the water. But he didn't like that he couldn't feel the water. He took his shoe off, but it fell into the fountain. Pretty soon after that, they got busted by Grandma. It didn't help that I didn't try to stop them, but instead took pictures of them getting in trouble. They sure had a good time getting in trouble though.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute pics - what adventurous kids you guys have. :) I love the background. Where did you get it?

Margaret said...

You're kids are hilarious. I'm also laughing because there is an Eric and Ericka in my family. How weird.