Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas Morning

Santa visited our house nice and early, but thankfully the kids didn't wake up until 8. Kaitlyn came into our room and asked if it was time to get up yet. After Doug went and checked to make sure Santa wasn't still at our house (and to grab the video camera so we could get the kids reactions), he told us that it was ok to come into the living room. The kids were absolutely thrilled with what Santa brought them. Kaitlyn got her Rapunzel doll and Jason got a dump truck. Santa is so smart. We used the video camera quite a bit, so there's not as many still photos this year. Here are some of the best.
Kaitlyn tried to help Jason with every present he was opening. She's so helpful.
With every present Kaitlyn opened, she would say "Oh, it's what I always wanted."
One of the best things about being a parent at Christmas time is seeing how the kids react to opening their presents. Their look of joy and happiness is priceless.
After getting everything cleaned up from unwrapping presents and getting ready for the day, we headed over to my parents to open a few more presents and have a nice Christmas dinner. It was a really wonderful Christmas to share with family.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is SO cute Kaitlyn kept saying "that's what I always wanted!" ha ha ha. I love it. And Jason is SOOOO handsome!! I'm so glad he got a dump truck. He and Jack can have dump truck races!!

Jen said...

I love that she said "it's what I've always wanted!" That is so darn cute!!