Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve we headed over to my parents house for dinner and activities. Aaron, Meghan, Christian and Mikelle were there too. Eric and Erica also showed up to join us. After dinner it was time to open PJs for the family.
Kaitlyn was so excited to finally open one of her Christmas presents. It took the kids a little bit to finally get their presents open. I guess I shouldn't have used packing tape to wrap their presents.
Kaitlyn got puppy pajamas and some slippers. Jason got Mickey Mouse pajamas. Here's Kaitlyn and Christian in their new Christmas PJs. And Doug, in his BYU pajamas (of course), and Jason in his Mickey pajamas.

A family pajama, Christmas Eve photo.
After everyone got into their PJs, we had a short Christmas Eve program. Kaitlyn and Christian sang some Christmas songs. I had a picture book of the Christmas story from the scriptures that I read to the kids. And then Doug read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.
It was tough to get the kids to sit still long enough to read the stories. Good thing it was a short program. They were all wired and excited for Christmas the next day.

3 comments:

Jon and Kim said...

I love the pj tradition! My grandma always gave us new jammies too! I looked forward to it every year.

Patsy said...

Fun night... where is your mom's Christmas jammies?? lol Special times as families with tons of memories!! Love to keep up with all you and your families.

Jen said...

How fun!! I love that you have your parents close!! You're a posting queen! I'm so behind. I bow down to your greatness! I'll catch up by 2012...maybe!