Sunday, November 8, 2009

Grandma's Little Helpers


After a family dinner last week, my mom let her grandkids help with the dishes. My mom is so patient with the grandchildren. I always get mad at my kids when they are in the kitchen when I'm doing dishes. It's so frustrating because I want to get dishes done quickly, and Jason especially, slows the process way down. My mom doesn't let it phase her. She turns it into quality time she's able to spend with children. What an example to me. In the long run, will it matter that my kitchen is spotless, there's not a speck of dust on the piano, that it takes me 5 more minutes to do dishes, or that my toilet is spring-time fresh? Will it matter that I take the time and read to my kids, share in the wonderment of a dandelion and an earthworm, or get down on the floor and play with my two little kids? The answer is simple.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love this post! You are SO right Mel! Love the pics too!

Amanda said...

What a woman! That's a great reminder for me, too.

Jessica said...

I'm just like you. Sometimes I let Charlotte help me but lately I get so frustrated/mad because I just want a flippin' clean kitchen for once!! ha ha. Grandma's always have the magic touch. Guess I won't be patient until I'm one. Crap. That's forever away.

Jen said...

PS I love your new blog font! Cute cute!