Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

I was tagged by Jessica, and this is the first tag I've ever had, so this could be interesting.
Here are the rules
1. Link to the person who tagged you and list these rules on your post.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, by leaving their names, as well as links to their blogs.
4. Comment to the people you've tagged and let them know they've been tagged

1. Everytime I go into a women's public restroom I have to look at the Women's sign and then spell w-o-m-e-n in my head. I don't know if it's OCD or just me being super paranoid about mistakenly ending up in the men's bathroom. Weird, I know.

2. I've had a about a bazillion and two different jobs. Not that I've been fired and hired a lot, but I did a lot of temp jobs in the summers during high school and college. Plus my parents had this outlandish idea that if I wanted anything cool or go out with my friends, I needed to earn money myself. Some of my "favorite" jobs include: house cleaning, hotel housekeeping, planting experimental potatoes by hand, cleaning out rental band instruments (nasty!), working in a snow cone shack, assembly lines at Gossner's cheese factory and Proform factory in Logan, t-shirt shop clerk, video store, music store, secretary, etc. Phew!

3. While on my mission, one of my companions (hi Mindy) and I kept track of all the different license plates we saw from the United States. It took a awhile but we finally found all of the states including Washington, D.C. Awesome huh! Missionaries are easily entertained I think.

4. One of my guilty pleasures is watching ghost hunting shows on T.V. Don't ask my why, I just find it interesting. But if it gets too scary I change the channel, but then go back to it to see what happened.

5. I thought me and my older sister, ShaNae, were twins when we were growing up. I attribute this to the fact that we're only 1 year and 5 days apart. Because of this my mom would make a cake for us to share and we always had our birthday parties together. Plus sometimes she dressed us in matching clothes (see picture below, I'm the one on the left). It probably wasn't until I was around 7 that I finally realized my mistake. Funny though.
6. One of my most embarrassing moments was when I was in elementary school and I wore a white skirt with bright, pink flowered underwear. I don't know why my mom didn't catch this. I still remember it to this day. All the boys loved to point it out and I had to call my mom and ask her to pick me up. So traumatizing!

7. Sometimes when I have trouble falling asleep, I tell myself stories that I've made up. I use to tell some of them to my roommates for entertainment.
Maybe one day I'll be a world famous author. Yeah right!

So here goes the tagging part: Meghan, Margaret, Ailene, Amanda, Mindy, and Jen Chasey. You're it. (I know it's only six, sue me!)

4 comments:

Jen said...

How funny! I didn't know you thought you were a twin. Oh and I'm super eager to hear one of your bedtime stories. You've peaked my curiosity!

Doug said...

Mel, Great job on the blog! I will see what i can do to help you come up with more things to blog about.

Mindy said...

I love it! I so do not remember finding license plates. Sometimes wonder if that really was a part of this life or not? Nathan was telling the kids last night about cutting off your pony tail! I still don't know how you were so cool about it. I would have smacked him. LOL. Please write up one of your bedtime stories on your blog - I would love to hear it too. Then maybe I can share them with my kids when they have a bad dream and can't get to sleep (that is AT LEAST one kid EVERY night lately - I need help!) I will see if I can come up with anything entertaining about me.

Mindy said...

Ah, so you like mysteries. Is that how we convinced ourselves that there was a dead body in the apartment below us in Lakewood? Do you remember that? We even went so far as to go down and check it out, but didn't want to leave fingerprints. I think you are right - missionaries are easily entertained.