Saturday, December 11, 2010

Busy, Busy Jason

Jason sure does keep things exciting at our house. He's a very curious 2 year old, and into everything. There's been a few days that I have had to give him multiple baths just to get all the dirt off. In this picture he was actually with old fire pits coals that Doug hadn't cleaned up from previous use, in which, I blame Doug for some of the mess. Jason had black soot everywhere. There were even little charcoal handprints on the playhouse outside. Charcoal is good for the skin, right? He definitely had to have a bath after that.
And here he is in the corner cupboard again. He's almost too big for it now, but he still jumps in every once in a while. Kinda looks like he's pole dancing. :)
It seems like I can't leave him alone for 5 minutes otherwise he's into some sort of mischief. One morning while I thought he was still asleep and I was in the shower, he unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper and tried flushing it down the toilet. The toilet overflowed and I had a nice mess to clean up. Yesterday I had to call Poison Control to see what would happen if a kid overdosed on ibuprofen. I came into the kitchen from the other room and found him up on the bar, with my purse open and the bottle of ibuprofen, in supposedly a child-proof bottle, open and sitting right in front of him. Luckily I don't think he ate any, but I did learn that a child would have to take about 12 ibuprofen pills before there was serious complications. Good to know! This morning I discovered that he tried to get a drink by himself and spilled almost a full picture of apple juice onto the kitchen floor. Sigh!
But even with all the mischief, he's still a great kid! I love how inquisitive he is, how he loves to help me, his smile is so cute, and he loves to cuddle up with me. It reminds me that even though he tries so hard to be independent and grown-up like Kaitlyn, that he still needs me and he's still my sweet little boy.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

You got yourself a live wire.. but he's so cute!!!

Jon and Kim said...

I can't believe how big Jason is! It seems like yesterday he was a baby! I love his little personality and that he is all boy! Especially since Kaitlyn is so girlie. They are complete opposites! Too cute!