Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Here's some scenes from this year's pumpkin carving at my parents house. Jason's pumpkin is his hand print with his initials in it. Kaitlyn wanted a cat face pumpkin. I tried to find a pattern for it, but ended up having to free-hand it. Yikes! Doug carved a bat into his pumpkin. His took a while to carve, so by the time he finished I had finished Jason's, Kaitlyn's, and mine. However, by the time I got to mine, my creativity pool had pretty much been drained. My pumpkin, is a pumpkin.
We're glad that Aaron, Meghan, and Christian could come too. It's fun to see the kids play together so nicely.
Jason's getting his molars in. I guess that's why he's enjoying chewing on a piece of pumpkin. Yech!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE Jason's pumpkin idea!! FABULOUS. You are so creative. And I love your pumpkin's pumpkin. ha ha. We need to get going on our pumpkin carving. Maybe we'll go for the natural pumpkin look this year. ha ha. Just kidding. That would so not be tradition!

Jen said...

How fun!! Your cat pumpking turned out perfect! I thought it was a pattern! I love the handprint idea! SO CUTE!! We have yet to carve ours. . . such is life. We may just have to do the Mr. Potatoe head insert things he he!