Sunday, June 27, 2010

Orem Summerfest Carnival

One of the things we look forward to in the summer is the Orem Summerfest. This year we went to the carnival before the parade and did a lot of activities. We spent most of the day with the Tippets and had a blast. It was a little chilly, but luckily the rain held out until just after we finished. Here's some highlights from the carnival.
Kaitlyn, Kya, and Brennon made hats at the kids craft area. After their masterpieces were complete, we checked out the helicopters.
The kids sat in the life flight helicopter while Jason drove. Then we checked out the tiny little helicopter, the kind that they train helicopter pilots on. The kids couldn't sit in this one. I couldn't believe how small it was.
In one of the booths at the carnival, the girls dressed up like princesses and took pictures with a big princess.
The girls dressed up like princesses, and Jason drove an Army truck. He loved driving and didn't want to get out.
After seeing a couple more things, we headed on over to the carnival rides. This was the first year Jason has been able to go on some rides. I wasn't sure if he would like the rides at all, but he loved it.
The first ride we took him on was the carousel. Both the kids loved the ride.
Then it was off to a couple more rides. Kaitlyn went on the swings with Kya. Jason still isn't big enough for that one.
The final ride was on the pirate boat. I was a little hesitant about putting Jason on the ride because there wasn't a really good safety strap, and I was scared he'd decide to get out half way through the ride. He did try to get out before the ride started, but once it got going he loved it.
Kaitlyn liked it too, but you can't tell that from this picture. She wanted to ride with Kya, but we made her sit with Jason to help keep him in his seat. Guess she wasn't too happy about that. Just after we left the carnival it started to pour down rain. We left at just the right time. Next up ... the parade!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Jason is just so adorable. I love his facial expressions :) Wish I could have come. Looks like it was so much fun. And that's so cool Kya and Kaitlyn dressed up in princess outfits!!! So perfect for them :)

Margaret said...

Fun summer activities. I missed most of the Orem summer fest this year. :( Although I'm glad I didn't have to put up with the rain. :)

Jen said...

LOL! I love the last pic of Kaitlyn! Too funny! I'm so glad we got everything done before the STORM! It was crazy, but not quit as crazy as Taco Time, LOL! ;)