Friday, March 12, 2010

Jason's Big Boy Bed

After much thought, we decided to move Jason out of his crib. He was getting close to being able to climb out, so we figured it would be better to get him into a regular bed before we heard a huge thump, and then crying in the middle of the night. Plus, Kaitlyn has been getting frustrated that sometimes when she wants to play in her room Jason is always there, and gets in her stuff. It was time that Jason got his own toy friendly room. Plus, we could move more toys out of the living room and into the kids' rooms. Last Monday we took the crib down and put up the twin bed. We also moved Jason's toys into his room. Here are the results:
Jason was excited while we were setting up his room. We were apprehensive about how he would do at bed time. He cried a little bit, but we let him cry for a short time. We noticed that he got out of bed, but stayed in his room. Shortly after, he stopped crying and after a few minutes I went and checked on him. He had climbed back into his bed and fell asleep. Phew! He stayed in his bed all night and when I went in his room the next morning, he was still in bed just talking to himself. He's been doing great at nap time too. I just hope it continues like that. Five nights down, a bazillion to go.
Another good thing is that he actually spends time playing in his room. A couple of times Jason has been playing in his room, and Kaitlyn has been playing in her room, and I have been in the living room all by myself. I'm so proud of Jason! He's growing up so fast.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! You are BRAVE!!! :D I'm glad the transition is going so seamlessly! That is wonderful! I'm scared to put Brennon in a big boy bed when we move, but it's past time we do it!

Our Forever Family said...

Enjoy those moments! How fun for you! What a fun memory, hope the conversation continues to go smoothly. I can't believe how old he looks! Way to go Jason! Congrats!!!

Margaret said...

Wow, Jason is getting so big. Gotta love the big boy bed. :)