Ok, now here's the deal with the car. A few months ago my parents told us they were thinking about buying a new car. They asked us if we wanted to buy my mom's old car, a '97 Honda Accord. We told them we would buy it since Doug's little Neon was getting up there in miles, and we were worried about it becoming unreliable. My parents didn't get the new car right away so we kinda forgot about it. On Saturday they decided to go ahead and get a brand new Accord, and then asked us again if we wanted their old Honda. They sold us their car for a screaming deal. It was just a coincidence that this all came about on Doug's birthday. It may seem I'm this super, duper, rich wife that all bought her hubby a brand new car, but that's really not the case. I'm definitely glad that it worked out that way though. Maybe I'll get a new car for my birthday too!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Birthday and Car
Ok, now here's the deal with the car. A few months ago my parents told us they were thinking about buying a new car. They asked us if we wanted to buy my mom's old car, a '97 Honda Accord. We told them we would buy it since Doug's little Neon was getting up there in miles, and we were worried about it becoming unreliable. My parents didn't get the new car right away so we kinda forgot about it. On Saturday they decided to go ahead and get a brand new Accord, and then asked us again if we wanted their old Honda. They sold us their car for a screaming deal. It was just a coincidence that this all came about on Doug's birthday. It may seem I'm this super, duper, rich wife that all bought her hubby a brand new car, but that's really not the case. I'm definitely glad that it worked out that way though. Maybe I'll get a new car for my birthday too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Doug! Hope you like the car!
Thanks for inviting us to the bash! I absolutely cracked up at Kate's excitement about the gift she gave Doug! It was seriously hilarious!!
Ha ha! Dang--I was going to ask you for a new car, too, but nevermind. :)
Wow, lucky Doug, for many reasons.
I tried writing a comment when you first posted but every time since then I couldn't write comments on blogger. Stupid blogger. Awesome birthday! I think you should buy yourself a car too, Mel. A brand NEW car!!!
Post a Comment